Re: New Kernel, 2.6.36-rc3-vaioz

On Thursday 07 October 2010 05:08:47 Adam Hill wrote:
> 	Thanks to Jesse Barnes at Intel we're slowly getting there with Intel
> graphics - he's now got a kernel which seems to work out of the box for the
> Intel card with no fiddling around with Grub etc.

It works on my 1600x900 screen!  I set the switch to stamina and boot straight
into the new kernel, so presumably it is using the intel card.

Still get the white dots right after X is started, which is now followed by
some other strange visuals for a couple more seconds, like the text from the
VT dirtying the graphics buffer, then finally gdm loads and everything is
beautiful.

Brightness controls don't work (they are detected as the brightness actions
but with no effect, just like when using nvidia).  Black screen after wake from
suspend (system still works, just can't see anything).

-Justin