Re: New Kernel, 2.6.36-rc3-vaioz

Hi everybody,

About the new patched kernel version from Jesse:

Yes it works with grub/2 without linux16/initrd16,
BUT for me it brings much more additional flickering!

I generated 2 videos to demonstrate what I mean:
http://posern.org/start-with-2.6.35.5_so-WITHOUT-flickering_.avi
http://posern.org/start-with-2.6.36-rc5_so-WITH-flickering_.avi

So in words: With the vanilla 2.6.35.5: I have ONE flickering on load of i915, then NO flickering what-so-ever.
With the patched version from Jesse (2.6.36-rc5): I have NO flickering on load of i915, BUT:
   (a) every time I start X
   (b) when I switch BACK from a console/tty to X
   (c) I think when compiz is first loaded
   (d) When I start picasa via wine

:(

I would like your feedback: Do you have/see the same problem?

Thanks!

Knuth