Re: Intel Flash support

On Fr, 12 Nov 2010, Rutger Hendriks wrote:
> No problem, I only found out about the alternatives system because I
> noticed that Xorg could not find the correct .so files to load the
> nvidia glx and I just followed the symlinks.

Didn't I post long ago an init.d script for Debian that does that?
lspci | grep -q "00:02.0"
# if we find the Intel chipset, use Intel drivers & settings
if [ $? -eq 0 ]; then
        logger "Setting graphics card to INTEL"
        cp /etc/X11/xorg.conf.INTEL /etc/X11/xorg.conf
        update-alternatives --set libglx.so /usr/lib/nvidia/diversions/libglx.so
        update-alternatives --set libGL.so.1 /usr/lib/nvidia/diversions/libGL.so.1
        echo stamina > /sys/devices/platform/sony-laptop/speed_stamina
else
        cp /etc/X11/xorg.conf.NVIDIA /etc/X11/xorg.conf
	update-alternatives --set libglx.so /usr/lib/nvidia/libglx.so
        update-alternatives --set libGL.so.1 /usr/lib/nvidia/libGL.so.1
	bash /etc/init.d/nvidia-glx start
        echo speed > /sys/devices/platform/sony-laptop/speed_stamina
fi

Is what I am using.

Norbert
ARDSCALPSIE (n.)
Excuse made by rural Welsh hairdresser for completely massacring your
hair.
			--- Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff