Brightness Adjustment

Dear Group,

First, I wanted to say thanks very much for all the information/code to
help get my newly repaired VGN-Z590 running well with Ubuntu. I followed
the instructions and installed the janitor script following the kernal
command line modifications.

Everything seems to work (ie, the stamina/speed light and the switch
changing the gfx on reboot), however, as my subject suggests the
brightness adjustment (fn+f5/f6) doesn't do anything (for either
intel/nvidia, although I guess it shouldnt work for nvidia). When I am
on battery or when idle the screen dims so it appears linux does have
control of the brightness just the hotkey isnt working.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks very much,
Lyle Gordon
--