Re: Wakeup on opening lid

On Fri, Dec 17, 2010 at 2:38 PM, K. Posern <quickhelp@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

[...]
> BUT the acpi_listen I mentioned shows:
>
> button/lid LID close
> video/switchmode VMOD 00000080 00000000
>  pnp0c14:00 00000081 00000000
> button/lid LID open
> video/switchmode VMOD 00000080 00000000
>  pnp0c14:00 00000081 00000000
>
> When executed as any user and I close + open the lid while its running.
>
> And then you can simply catch / configure this in /etc/acpi/default.sh
> <<< don't know if the default.sh is GENERIC (or gentoo specific).
> But just look around in your /etc/acpi/default.sh and see where you can
> put the button/lid.

Information: Ubuntu does not have default.sh.

Anyway, I tried fooling around with several settings, to no avail;
then, a funny thing happened:

I opened the lid of the sleeping notebook, to be again disappointed by
the non-wakeup, but then, unwittingly, I pressed a key, and, miracle
:-) , the monster woke up.  I started experimenting, and it looks like
pressing any key after opening the lid wakes up the thing.

This is a bit short of an automatic wakeup, but it is nowhere as
annoying as the need to press the power button.  So, for now, I will
declare the bug as liveable, and let the issue rest.

Regards,

Arnaldo