Re: Wakeup on opening lid

Hi,

Interesting,
I never looked at /proc/acpi/wakeup -> Thanks :)

I think you are on a wrong hunch though, because
I also have no LID in there.
And from the looks this file is to configure which PCI device can wakeup
your notebook (if you have ACPI PEM/PME in your BIOS enabled).

BUT the acpi_listen I mentioned shows:

button/lid LID close
video/switchmode VMOD 00000080 00000000
 pnp0c14:00 00000081 00000000
button/lid LID open
video/switchmode VMOD 00000080 00000000
 pnp0c14:00 00000081 00000000

When executed as any user and I close + open the lid while its running.

And then you can simply catch / configure this in /etc/acpi/default.sh
<<< don't know if the default.sh is GENERIC (or gentoo specific).
But just look around in your /etc/acpi/default.sh and see where you can
put the button/lid.

So this allows you to execute something on LID close and open.

What do you try on lid close (hibernate or standby)?
Because if I hibernate on LID close, the notebook also won't turn on on
LID open.
Did you check your BIOS settings? I have (in my BIOS) ACPI S3 enabled.
I am pretty sure that I already tried to do a STANDBY and it turned on
on lid open.

Salut,

Knuth