Re: Z12 and 11.04

Justin,

try to run:
update-alternatives --set gl_conf /usr/lib/mesa/ld.so.conf
ldconfig

this will switch to the mesa glx drivers. A restart of X should give
you all you want.
I have the following script to switch to the correct GLX libraries
upon boot, in it you can also see the command to switch back to nvidia
GLX.

#!/bin/sh -e

set_alternatives_to_intel()
{
        echo "Intel card active."
        update-alternatives --set gl_conf /usr/lib/mesa/ld.so.conf
        ldconfig
        return 0
}

set_alternatives_to_nvidia()
{
        echo "NVidia card active."
        update-alternatives --set gl_conf /usr/lib/nvidia-current/ld.so.conf
        ldconfig
        return 0
}

modprobe sony-laptop 2>/dev/null

#if [ "$(uname -r)" = "2.6.35-rc6-vaioz" -o "$(uname -r)" = "2.6.38-7-generic" ]
if [ -e /sys/devices/platform/sony-laptop/speed_stamina ]
then
        [ "$(cat /sys/devices/platform/sony-laptop/speed_stamina)" =
"stamina" ] && set_alternatives_to_intel || set_alternatives_to_nvidia
fi

exit 0

See my post a few days ago with the 3 attached files. In essence these
are Adam's scripts, but now using the Ubuntu alternatives system.

Regards,

Rutger