Re: VPCZ2?

On Mon, 2011-09-05 at 09:07 +0200, Eva Brucherseifer wrote:
> Hi Kev,
>
> that's strange, I use opensuse 11.4 as well. Maybe I should be more detailed
> about the issues:
>
> - 3D acceleration/graphics: works well as well over here, fortuntately it is
> only 1 graphics card :-)
> - suspend: the display is completely off after resume, I think the machine is up
> and running though
>   when booting the machine I also had to add the kernel option "nomodeset" as
> the same happened in this case
>   what did you do to make suspend work?
Worked out of the box for me - I don't have any special kernel options
set

> - keyboard backlight, wifi, network, rfkill switch, works as well
> - touchpad: The buttons are part of the touch area, therefore it is called a
> "clickpad". The driver needs to honor these buttons. Do you use tapping to
> click? Over here multitouch works fine and I can use it more or less. However,
> right click using the button and Click+drag doesn't work.

Two-fingered right click works for me (although it took me three weeks
before a Mac-using friend of mine pointed out how to right click!)

Click+drag works but is a pain in the butt to use.

>  I started looking into
> the synaptics driver. Spending a full weekend I found out the following: the
> official synaptics driver (up to 1.5.0) doesn't care about clickpads at all.
> Distributions have various sets of patch sets which at least enable multitouch
> features. However, they don't enable the buttons for me and I didn't find
> confirmation anybody has solved the click&drag yet.
> - how about mic and brightness?

Just tested the mic using Skype - all working perfectly.
Brightness adjustment with FN-F6 and FN-F6 is working.

As a full disclaimer, I am running the Tumbleweed version of openSuSE
11.4 (rolling updates) - see http://en.opensuse.org/Portal:Tumbleweed

However, all this was working with a stock 11.4 (with normal updates). I
have not tried installing the sony-laptop module mentioned on this
mailing list, as everything seems to be working without it. I'm not sure
I need it..

Cheers,
KEv.