My grub boot line has the following extra parameters: "pcie_aspm=force i915.i915_enable_rc6=1" which definately has given me extra battery time.

I hope I answered everything :)

/Nicklas

On 2011-09-19 00:22, Rob Mukai wrote:
Nicklas, Hi, new to this list, but can you confirm a couple of things for me? Before you updated mesa (I am assuming to 7.12-dev) the external monitor worked? I never tested it before updating the mesa stack so I have never been able to use an external monitor. Also, did the new kernel fix any of the other issues, e.g. suspend/resume, power consumption, birghtness control, tty (ctr+alt+fX)?

DoTheDog