Re: VPCZ2?

Hi,

my current conclusion is to update the kernel first. According to various people on this list, the Z has the new Intel Sandybridge. This is at least causing the X issues. For example Niklas is using Tumbleweed Suse instead of the normal Suse, so he also has a kernel 3.0.1. I'll give it a try and let you know what it fixes.

As for the xserver-org-input-synaptics patches, I spend all weekend with this one. All important parts of these patches are already included into suse. I don't know the status without them, but I have multitouch keyboard working. Tab + Move works correctly to Drag&Drop.
Only the hardware buttons don't work correctly. The patches make a new setting "TouchPadArea" available which is set to 20%, but somehow it doesn't work. I change the also newly introduced setting AreaBottomEdge, but it only helped a little bit. However, click (hw-button, keeping it pressed) + drag does not work.

Actually I read the patches and the sources, I don't think that Button-Press+Move works for anybody. If so, please let us know. I've read suse, ubuntu and those patches mentioned in the blog article. Archlinux has a different patch. Nicklas has Archlinux and he reported to use the normal tap workaround.

Best,
Eva

Am Montag 05 September 2011, 23:12:51 schrieben Sie:

--
Dr. Eva Brucherseifer
Managing Director

basysKom GmbH
Robert-Bosch-Str. 7 | 64293 Darmstadt | Germany
Tel: +49 6151 3969-961 | Fax: -736 | Mobile: +49 170 5533642
eva.brucherseifer@xxxxxxxxxxx | www.basyskom.de

Handelsregister: Darmstadt HRB 9352
Geschaeftsfuehrung: Eva Brucherseifer