Re: configure xorg with the NVIDIA card

Thanks for the details.
I added acpi_osi= to my boot options to allow to switch between the
cards. I guess it is good enough?

I have correctly setup the nvidia card.
I had to add some options (to configure dpi) to my xorg.conf to have
the fonts properly displayed by the nvidia card.
I also had to write a little switching script. The sony-laptop module
is installed by default with ubuntu but does not have the
speed_stamina used in adam's script for example:
$ ls /sys/devices/platform/sony-laptop/
driver  kbd_backlight  kbd_backlight_timeout  modalias  power  subsystem  uevent

The HDMI output is still not working though.
I am actually using a hdmi-to-displayport cable it to connect it to my
dell screen (no real hdmi port on the screen). I did not think about
it before, but that may be the reason the screen is not detected
maybe?
Any further ideas about that?

Alexandre