Re: Mint 64 bit on vng-z 11 wn-b

On Sun, Oct 7, 2012 at 5:16 AM, anestis.iliadis <latebeat@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Mauro, thanks for the answer,
>
> I tried setting acpi_osi several ways including
>
> acpi_osi="!Windows 2006"
> acpi_osi="\!Windows 2006\"
> acpi_osi="\\!Windows 2006\\"
> acpi_osi="\\\!Windows 2006\\\"
> acpi_osi=""
>
> and none of them worked. (stamina / speed LED didn't come on) I think I've
> run into this bug:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/grub2/+bug/445952
>
> http://www.mail-archive.com/sony-vaio-z-series@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/msg00601.htmls

Hi Anestis,
probably none of them worked because the '\'s must go before the first
double quotes. Anyway I'm glad that you solved the problem with the bios
switch.
Btw I also tried to set the VGA switching policy to static as you reported
and I confirm that it works. I activated the Advanced bios tab some years
ago but since the acpi_osi param always worked for me, I have never tested
that option!

Best,
Mauro