Re: Z21 Analog headset with microphone

On 15 February 2013 09:25, anestis.iliadis <latebeat@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Oh I forgot to ask, I don't know about the Z2 but in the vaio Z1 the
> headphone slot ONLY supports the microphone from the sony noise canceling
> headphones that come with the laptop. If you compare the plug side to side
> with say an iDevice headset you can see that the black strip that
> corresponds to the microphone is at a different length thus it won't work.
> I don't know if that's the case with the Z2 as well but I forgot to mention
> that.

I did not have any micro with the laptop. Can you give the reference of the
microphone?
Also can you confirm that:
- if you tap with your finger the micro input, the sound levels of the
micro rise up?
- if you rub with your finger near the headset/microphone jack of your
laptop, the sound levels of the micro stay at zero?
Can you try with another one micro and see if it the same results.

Regards
Damien R.