spreadubuntu team mailing list archive

[Question #78956]: "OS Specific" categorization

New question #78956 on SpreadUbuntu:
https://answers.launchpad.net/spreadubuntu/+question/78956

First of all, I would like to say that the "OS Specific" label seems clunky. Currently, the label describes Ubuntu, Kubuntu, Xubuntu, and I think a few more buntu's. I am considering changing the label and adding a few more categories to it.

1) What other "topics" would be desirable on the SpreadUbuntu site?

It has been suggested that a "Not Distro Specific" category could be added, as well as the much more vague "GNU/Linux" and "FLOSS" categories.

While these at first seem like they may deviate from the our overall goal, keep in mind some important things.

Ubuntu is GNU/Linux and is FLOSS, so in order to popularize it, we have to clear some common misconceptions people have about both of things.

For example: Martin wants to add his "Understanding FOSS" slide show. It's not Ubuntu branded, but it could be helpful to LoCo's. Which category should he add it to?

If the SpreadUbuntu site becomes too cluttered with materials that are not Ubuntu related, the default "Get Materials" filter could be changed from all categories to only Ubuntu so that it only shows Ubuntu categorized materials

2) What would be a better label for "OS Specific"?
The answer to that question may vary depending on the answer to the previous question.
Examples: "Topic" "Subject" "Distro Specific".
It depends on what categories are chosen.

SpreadUbuntu, which is an answer contact for SpreadUbuntu.