spreadubuntu team mailing list archive

Re: [Question #48290]: License choice? which ones?

Question #48290 on SpreadUbuntu changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/spreadubuntu/+question/48290

Ruben Romero proposed the following answer:
On Fri, Jul 31, 2009 at 5:45 PM, Evan Boldt <
question48290@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Question #48290 on SpreadUbuntu changed:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/spreadubuntu/+question/48290

> Evan Boldt is still having a problem:
> Currently the only choice for license is CC-BY-SA
>
> Should GNU FDL be included. There is one material that was originally
> double licensed with BY-SA and FDL, but is the only one that I have seen
> that has anything but BY-SA

If there is no technical issue we should allow GNU FDL and any other license
that the material maker wants to give their material.

BUT

I believe we should always have the material double licensed with CC-BY-SA
as well. that way we can have uniformity in what we have in our repository
and take the license trouble out of the spreadubuntu marketing material
contributors/designers.

My $0.02

R.

SpreadUbuntu, which is an answer contact for SpreadUbuntu.