spreadubuntu team mailing list archive

Re: [ubuntu-marketing] Simplifying Why We Join

Alle 18:13 del 4/11/2009, John Vilsack ha scritto:
> Ruben you are thinking exactly the same thing as I am.
>
> It would be great to provide simple distribution kits for people to
> get started.  I also thought it would be great to have a "meeting
> points" for Meetups to have monthly, so people have something to talk
> about.  Sort of a flyer that each host gets that says:
>
>    Information and a printable flyer about one or two features that
> month in Ubuntu the meetings focus on.
>     Focus on an article from the Ubuntu Magazine and discuss it
>     Talk about the next version and emphasize the focus of that
> release so people can talk about it.
>
> We did this sort of thing in the Howard Dean campaign (2004 for US
> President) by organizing meetings throughout the country at coffee
> shops, restaurants, and other public places to just get out there and
> start talking.  You would have been shocked how many people just come
> closer to hear what others were talking about.
>
> I really like the idea of building easy to get to packets that people
> could simply click and have access to.  Kind of like First Aid kits
> for your computer :)

Let's see if I understood well. We are talking about to set up a "starter kit"
for people who wants to do advocacy. Right? Papers to give at prospect users
while a public event.

This sound great! And it would be great to translate it in many languages as
we can.

Can we start the new era of Marketing Team making this little project true?

Ciao
--
Paolo Sammicheli
EMail: xdatap1(at)ubuntu.com