spreadubuntu team mailing list archive

New Design Discussion and Feedback

SpreadUbuntu is participating in the new Ubuntu branding. We want to
start some discussion about the new layouts, design, and logo.

Please take a look at this wiki page:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MarketingTeam/Projects/SpreadUbuntu/Brand

Some things to discuss:
New Logo
Check out the current versions. See what you can make out of it. There
is a source file on the wiki.

Navigation
Where should the navigation be placed?

The 'primary' navigation (get, make, translate, and share) is on the
left (top for the home page). To match the other websites, it should be
moved to the orange bar at the top, yet the logos and descriptions are
still desirable. What would be the best way to keep them?

Where should secondary navigation be placed? Currently it is on the left
side only for logged in users. If the primary is moved to the top, the
secondary will be the only thing occupying the left sidebar, which would
be a weird transition from not logged in to logged in.

Front Page
What improvements can be made to the home page? Is there any information
it needs?

Is the current layout ideal? Nearly no visitor clicks any of the 'top
rated materials'. Instead, they go for a 'media' or click 'get
materials'.

Font
Browsers with support for @font-face are growing large enough that we
can pick whatever font we want. Do we want to use something like
Liberation Sans for all text?

Materials Node
This is the layout you see when you click on a material you want, and
you are given the option to download images or source. It displays
information about the material. How can this be brought to the new
style?

Please make some mockups of what you want to see happen, and add it to
the wiki at the top in the appropriate section.
--
This message was sent from Launchpad by the user
Evan Boldt (https://launchpad.net/~echowarp)