Re: [Introduction] Hello and Welcome :)

On Wed, Sep 18, 2013 at 6:28 PM, Ang Jinhang <angjinhang@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi everyone!

Well, Hello there :)
Thank you for your reply, much appreciated :)

> My name is Ang Jinhang, almost the same with my username.

Welcome, Ang Jinhang :)

> I am currently studying in a secondary school, 14 years old, and I love
> computing.

I am 32 and I have BSc in Computer Since and I am currently building a team
to conquer the world :P Ops, I mean, to invite Windows XP Users to use
Linux :D
What a nice thing to have young members all around here with massive energy
and desire to help :D WOW!!!

> My mum even says that I am a real computer addict :D.

Ah, tell me about it ... I am addicted too and loving it :D

> I am a Malaysian, Chinese

Really? more languages? WOW, WE ARE SO LUCKY TEAM! hahah
Then, more articles with more languages ... perfect, it couldn't get better
:P

> and I feel quite sorry for the late replies because of the difference of
> time zone :(

Please, do not. We are not chatting, this is a mailing list and we do reply
when we do have time so no worries at all :)

> I have started using Linux for more than 1 year and I love it more than
> Windows.

Who doesn't Love Linux? tell me and I will brain wash him/her :P

> Started in Ubuntu and tried Bodhi Linux, Debian, Puppy Linux, Slitaz.

SliTaz? NICE :D I love that mini OS :D

> I am always interested in contributing to open source and now I have a
> chance.

Oh yes you do, my young new friend! you do have it indeed.

> I know some simple designing and also some simple programming ( Python,
> JavaScript and currently learning C ).
> Maybe I can help in designing and also contribute ideas to the project.

I am not sure if at this stage, that would be helpful as we are focusing
more on spearing the word at the moment. Later, maybe we will need that
skills of yours ;)

> I am also willing to be a beta tester using my Virtualbox.

That would be great but let's first focus on this project and once we are
done from it, we will put you in the right time ;) I'm QA Lead with one of
the communities and I do know the Boss of Ubuntu QA as well so no worries,
we will fix a place for ya!

> If I can help in programming, I will try my best but I do hope you guys
> can teach me in this... I am willing to learn!

Let's focus on StartUbuntu now, shall we? :)

> That's all... Hope that we can work together and make Linux even better
> and popular!
> P/s: I am a Windows XP user and that's why I contribute in this project!

Then, I guess we have made our first victory and success to have you here
with us? right? :D YOU WELCOME :D

> All the best
>
> AngJinhang

Thank you so much and good luck with your study and watch out your
addiction, you still young :P

Best Regards,