Re: [Introduction] Hello and Welcome :)

On Wed, Sep 18, 2013 at 11:21 PM, sampth kumar krishnan <
tskrishnan@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi guys.. I'm Krishnan

Hi there Krishnan,

Good to have you with us :)
Thanks for joining and thank you for your reply!

> Sorry for the late reply.. Just coming back from work

No need to apologize, this is a mailing list and we do reply whenever we
have time :)

> I'm from India.. 23 years old and no background in  computers
> I'm a budding charted accountant and started using Ubuntu 2 years back.

Welcome and it is good to know you are from India, that is an amazing
chance and place to spread our word over there :) with your native
language, of course :)

You don't really need a solid computer background to help us with this
project, that is the good news :D

>  Lubuntu was my very first distro and since then I haven't looked back at
> all..

Wonderful :D

I'm so crazily in love with Ubuntu that I spent nearly a month getting
> tally and office to work in Ubuntu flawlessly.. Well it is still flawed as
> I'm still running that damn tally in educational mode:p
> I've spread the word on Ubuntu (particularly xubuntu as it is somewhat
> tailor made for older machines) in my office and to my friends..

We share something in common. We are all in love with Ubuntu and its
official flavours :)

This is a good chance to get to know more friends all over the world.
StartUbuntu is NOT just about spreading the word of Linux but also to make
new friends in the process. IN FACT, I have made so good friends for the
last 3 years that I chat and speak with them more than I speak with my own
brothers :)

> They were very interested.. Infact I'm gonna install it on their machines
> over the weekend:D :D

WOW, impressive, please do!
And NOT just install Linux for them, but educate them and ask them to
spread the word as well ;)

> I'll be very glad to assist in any way I can.. Ubuntu needs to be spread..
> And we are gonna do it

That is the spirit :D
That is what I need :D
A brave man who see the light no matter how dark it could be :D OH YES!!!

You may want to have a look at:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/StartUbuntu/Activities

> Have a nice day folks.. it's tax season here so I'll not be available most
> of this month.. I'll compensate for that next month surely:)

Oh, then we will miss you ;)

No worries, take your time and we are here, we won't fade away, hopefully :D

Thank you so much!

Best Regards,