Re: [Ubuntugnome-comms] [StartUbuntu] IRC channel (re-)creation in progress

Hi,

On Fri, Apr 4, 2014 at 2:22 AM, João Santana <joaosantana@xxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

>  So we have another SABDFL among us.

If he wasn't a good leader, Ubuntu and all the other flavors will never
achieve the current success. I had the chance to chat with him. He's nice.
Don't judge people without being in contact with them or deal with them ;)

I know what you think of him, that was clear in your above statement but
again, without being in his shoes, you might not understand his actions :)
I speak from 4 years now of being advocate and project manager of many
project within Ubuntu Family.

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/amjjawad

I'd appreciate if we could please show more respect to the man who made all
this possible :)

Thanks!

> Yes, I understand you. Believe me, I was a LoCo Team leader before, and I
> had this kind of situation at my hands a couple of times. But by exposing
> something you consider an error or confusion in that way you'll not be able
> to build a perennial leadership in this community.

Yet again, I appreciate your feedback. I trust other members of this
community trust my decisions as the founder :)

> You're our leader, not a angered teacher punishing who had a bad behaviour
> in class. And leaders, at least some of them, doesn't expose other leaders
> when those make something wrong; when they do this they weakens all the
> leadership around.

I'm sorry if you felt this way but that wasn't in my intention nor in my
mind. I have explained everything and case is closed now :)

https://lists.launchpad.net/startubuntu/msg00357.html

> This is not the first time I see you using acidity to expose your
> grievance or dissatisfaction with something. And while acknowledging that
> this is something yours, I think you should soften it, leastways when
> leading other leaders.

Lack of sleep for a week was the reason why my email wasn't soft enough but
I'll work on more next time :)

To close this, once and for all, I have explained myself well, I believe:
https://lists.launchpad.net/startubuntu/msg00357.html

I see no harm if before creating anything, any member can approach me or
simply log a blueprint:
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/startubuntu

I was unhappy because I have explained that before and I thought it was
clear. I hope it is extra clear now :)

Let's move forward, please :)

> João Santana
>
> Enviado pelo meu Windows Phone

Thank you!

P.S.
These are my contacts:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/amjjawad#Contacts

Feel free to contact me anytime and this goes for everyone!