structbiol team mailing list archive

Re: A project for mmdb on Launchpad

On 12/09/2010, at 09.52, Tim Fenn wrote:

On Tue, 6 Jul 2010 20:46:15 +0200
Morten Kjeldgaard <mortenkjeldgaard@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 06/07/2010, at 02.19, Tim Fenn wrote:

Sounds good to me - what about SSM?  Is there a similar plan there?

Yeah, I guess it would be a good idea to create a project for SSM too.

Any progress on this?  It would help to have repositories to pull from
for updates and the like, since I'm not sure how long mmdb/ssm will be
available otherwise.

Yes, there is now a project for SSM as well [1]. There is a tar-ball there, but it is essentially the same distribution that everyone has. Nothing has happened to the source in a long time. The tarball is new and has a different checksum than the old one, so merely using the new tar-ball without bumping the version number is not possible, at least not in the Debian/Ubuntu world.

Oh, and do we need to renew our membership to the plan 9 group?

I did that for everyone. Now it's indefinite, so if you wish to leave the group, you have to unassign yourself.

Wrt. to the packages mmdb and ssm, I am contemplating if it would be a good idea to coordinate the version-id of the CCP4 release that the source code is compatible with. What do you think?

Wrt. to gpp4 this is not relevant, since there are several changes and additions to the source code, but it is also quite simple for me to apply the patches that appear between CCP4 releases (I've yet to se anything but trivial changes to the code). And other patches of course.

Both ssm [1] and mmdb [2] projects are owned by the structbiol team, and so you have push access to the bzr branches. So if you have bugfixes etc. you can apply them directly.

Cheers,
Morten

[1] https://edge.launchpad.net/ssm
[2] https://edge.launchpad.net/mmdb