tomdroid-dev team mailing list archive

Re: threading-improvements branch landed in trunk/

On Fri, May 29, 2009 at 2:48 PM, Michael Fletcher
<m.fletcher@xxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> Does anyone know how good SQLLite is at storing blob data?  I.E. would the
> columns for metadata be stored in the same place as the note contents?

It would end up being a binary in
/data/data/org.tomdroid/databases/tomdroid-notes.db (if I recall correctly)

Right now, there is a database there. I needed a ContentProvider and a
database in order to make Linkify (links between notes) works. Linkify by
design triggers generic Intent and so I had no better option than have a
ContentProvider catch that Intent.

In the db right now is:
id - generated by tomdroid, autoincrement thingy
title - note's title
file - note's absolute path
modified_date - last modified time

On each startup when a note file is parsed, there is a check if a note with
the same title exists in the db. If it does then nothing is done and if it
doesn't exist in the db then it's added.

Long story short, I think storing in the db is the best thing to do to get
better performance. More on this in subsequent mails.

> I got the editing controls to work.

 Can you provide a branch?

--
Olivier Bilodeau <olivier@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>