tomdroid-dev team mailing list archive

Re: threading-improvements branch landed in trunk/

On Fri, May 29, 2009 at 12:01 PM, pjv <ezelspinguin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On one hand this seems a good idea: ContentProviders are really the way
> to go for Android as they are usable by other apps too. However, I have
> one large objection: the db is kept in the internal memory, which is
> really small, instead of the SD card. This counts in the total space the
> app is using (I personally avoid apps over 2MB).

Well, with ~ 300 notes (many of which are quite large), my Tomboy note
files take up a total of 1.5 MB.  And they have a lot of data that
would not be included in the proposed sqlite db.

That being said, we could definitely look at a hybrid solution as Mike
suggests, and store the actual content in files.  But then the user
has to manage that SD card usage themselves if they decide to
uninstall Tomdroid, right?

> You guys should really look at the OI Notepad app (openintents.org),
> which I think is strong in many things (such as encryption), but does
> not have Tomboy synchronization ofcourse.

I have not previously looked at this.  Thanks for the link.

Best,
Sandy