tomdroid-dev team mailing list archive

Re: Web sync branch hurdles

On Sun, Nov 15, 2009 at 9:23 AM, Benoit Garret
<benoit.garret_launchpad@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 15, 2009 at 5:08 PM, Sandy Armstrong
> <sanfordarmstrong@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Awesome!  I just pulled your changes and they are working fine on
>> Android 1.6.  Some things I noticed:
>>
>> * I have to manually change the 1.0a pref to true.  But I'm pretty
>> sure that there's no harm in treating Snowy or other OAuth 1.0 servers
>> identically to an OAuth 1.0a server, as long as you don't freak out
>> when oauth_verifier isn't returned (does signpost freak out in that
>> situation?).  It would suck to have users have to pick OAuth
>> versions...maybe we should just bite the bullet and add 1.0a support
>> to django-piston for snowy so that Tomdroid can safely assume 1.0a
>> (this is assuming signpost really can't handle 1.0a mode on a 1.0
>> server).
>
> Strange, the signpost documentation states that it is possible to know
> which protocol version is used by the server after the request token
> handshake.
>
> The pref should be automagically populated after the said handshake,
> I'm not sure what goes wrong here as it works fine for me.

Interesting.  Maybe if I'd tried another time it would have worked?
Instead I immediately changed the preference restarted debugging.

>> Anyway, great progress...it was really exciting to see my notes.  What
>> issues are blocking a new release with these features?
>
> A lack of time from Olivier and myself?

Well, I guess I was wondering if there were specific bugs that you and
Olivier felt blocked a release.  Knowing this could help people who
want to contribute focus their efforts.  I'm doing another Tomboy
release on Monday and when I blog about it, I was planning to mention
the latest progress on Tomdroid.  So if I know what you guys need
maybe I can help by blogging about it.

> Though it's true we could cut
> some corners as the audience for such a release is mostly technical,
> Tomdroid won't be on the Market tomorrow...

I agree.  I'm a big fan of release early, release often, especially
when you haven't reached Market-level stability (so the technical
users know not to expect any guarantees).  Also, it's not exactly easy
to set up an Android development environment, so there's a big hurdle
for people to test the latest code in bzr.

Sandy