tomdroid-dev team mailing list archive

Re: Tomdroid 0.4.0 released!

Am Sonntag, den 10.10.2010, 18:40 +0100 schrieb Stuart Langridge:
> On Sun, 2010-10-10 at 18:49 +0200, Rodja Trappe wrote:
> > > You missed a step there, which is "build it", which I don't know how to
> > > do (there doesn't seem to be an ant build.xml?). How do I build
> > > Tomdroid?
> >
> > Indeed. I missed that part. Sorry.
> > To simplify the process for you and others who want to help debugging
> > I've build a self-signed tomdroid-v0.4.0-with-logging.apk with Eclispe.
> > You can download it from http://ubuntuone.com/p/JUu/
> >
> > You first need to remove the official signed App with
> >  $ adb remove org.tomdroid
> >  $ adb install tomdroid-v0.4.0-with-logging.apk
> (that would be "adb uninstall org.tomdroid" :-))

True.

> OK. the problem seems to be on my end: U1 is throwing a 500 server error
> when trying to connect to the notes API. I'll look into that. That's not
> tomdroid's fault :)
>
> (For future reference, how do I build tomdroid?)

Just a very short five step description (I hope I've not missed
neccessary steps):

1. Install the Android SDK as described on developer.android.com
2. fire up Eclipse, install and setup the ADT plugin
3. Import the Tomdroid project
4. Eclipse will automaticly build the source (sometimes refresh/clean
   project helps)
5. either grab the apk from the bin/ dir or use Eclipse to
   "Run As Android Application"

Best regards,

                     Rodja