Re: OBI new menu item

Hi Israel,
[inline]

Den 2015-01-24 14:33, Israel skrev:
> Hi Nio,
> (inlines)
>
> On 01/24/2015 01:56 AM, Nio Wiklund wrote:
>> Hi Israel,
>> [inline]
>> Best regards
>> Nio
>>
>> Den 2015-01-24 01:16, Israel skrev:
>> "$menutitle" height width *menu-height* \
>>
>> It should work like this:
>> There are menu-height entries displayed in the menu at one time, but the
>> menu will be scrolled if there are more entries than that.
>>
>> I don't know why it gets stuck in an endless loop instead of letting you
>> scroll to the last item. Maybe a bug in dialog. (I have had that
>> scrolling work in several other cases.)
> Maybe there was some other issue I am missing...  I may have had some
> odd typoo..
> though I have been trying to run shellcheck before I commit to catch those.
> which reminds me, there are a lot of things printed out by shellcheck on
> many of the programs in OBI.  Some of them seem fairly benign, but a few
> might be worth investigating...

Please send of copy of that printout from shellcheck!

>> Make it 12 instead of 11 if everything will work that way, or remove the
>> least necessary option, for example
>>
>> t " Tips" \
>>
>> or
>>
>> c " Check (and repair) the file system /dev/sda1" \
>>
>> Check that everything is written and shown correctly in a terminal
>> window of default size!
>>
>> You may need to increase the height from 18 to 19 which may or may not
>> make the appearance ugly or incomplete. An alternative is to force the
>> terminal window to be bigger than default (one or two more lines) but
>> that might not work with all implementations, where you cannot control
>> which terminal emulator that is used.
> Ok, I will play with it in my VM and see what I can do.  I do not want
> to remove things, as you put those there for a reason :)

There are only a certain number of lines that can be presented in a nice
way. An alternative might be to put some less important tasks into a
sub-menu.

>>> Then I will tar up a fresh system (once I figure out why oem-config is
>>> not working correctly)
>> What happened to oem-config?
> It boots into a black screen, when I run it.
> I suppose I will try this with other display managers (lightdm, xdm) to
> see if SLiM is the problem

What is your oem-config? I guess it worked before. Tell me if/when it
would help if I test it.

>>> I will test oem-config with the latest Lubuntu pre-release to see how it
>>> should behave and that should help me to determine where something is
>>> failing....
>> Do you intend to test that it works in all current versions of Ubuntu
>>
>> precise, trusty, utopic, vivid?
> I just want to see what it should do... it has been quite some months
> since I last used it successfully.  I have been too busy trying to
> figure out session management, and code things.

I noticed that a minimal installed text system in Vivid needs 74 MB
while a corresponding system in Trusty needs only 34 MB. Ubuntu's linux
core is growing and leaving old computers behind.