Re: Silliness of Syntax

Den 2015-01-25 14:52, Israel skrev:
> On 01/25/2015 12:10 AM, Nio Wiklund wrote:
>> Den 2015-01-25 04:26, Israel skrev:
>>> ..
>> Hi Israel,
>>
>> I'm glad you found it. I did not see it.
>>
>> But still, you'd better check that the menu is working properly, for
>> example it is not good if the last line is hidden (unless the user
>> scrolls). Then it is better to remove one of the options or move a group
>> of options to a submenu.
> Hi,
> Poweroff is hidden, but I think this is not a problem, as there is a way
> to shutdown easily.
> But it might be good to move some of the items into a sub-menu anyhow,
> to present the user with only a few choices.
>
> this version of OBI basically scans the disk to look in the tarballs
> folders to select a tarball if selected contains something that doesn't
> exist.
> So I could move all the tarball things
> Download
> Make
> Select
> into a separate dialog
> This would keep things that are "more advanced" from looking confusing
> to a casual user and be very organized
> Call the menu Custom Tarball Options  or something...
>> Best regards
>> Nio

Hi Israel,

That is a good idea (with a tarball submenu).

In a desktop environment it may not be a problem, but if the menu is
used in text mode, it is more awkward to poweroff.

Just one question: What if there is no tarball? In such cases, it would
be good to have a tarball option activated, maybe to select the tarball
menu automatically, or at least select the entry for it in the main menu.