Re: Persistence (Was :Re: [Torios] ToriOS (beta) tarball with 3 kernels)

I can look in to this,  I will look at how to do this and then try and
write about it

Paul

On 29/03/15 14:26, Nio Wiklund wrote:
> Hi Israel and Paul,
>
> I think most of my replies are to you, Israel, but I'm asking you,
> Paul, to add instructions into the ToriOS manual: "How to add
> persistence to a ToriOS live system".
>
> [continuing to reply inline]
>
> Best regards Nio
>
> Den 2015-03-29 14:32, Israel skrev:
>> On 03/29/2015 12:31 AM, Nio Wiklund wrote:
>>> ... Hi Israel,
>>>
>>> I don't think you replied to this mail. Did you get it? What do
>>> you think about recommending a persistent live system for this
>>> purpose?
>>>
>>> I really think persistence is the best solution [for the
>>> current ToriOS iso file based live system], when people want to
>>> download tarballs, and there is not enough RAM, and/or they
>>> want to keep what is downloaded, installed or changed in live
>>> mode:
>> Hi Nio, I am not sure, all these e-mails have the same title, so
>> I may have missed it. Did you get my e-mail about dltbl?  I am
>> not sure you replied to that one yet either.
>
> I don't think I got a separate mail about dltbl, just the one, that
> I replied to (where you also discussed other things), so please
> send it again :-)

>>> -o-
>>>
>>> Most computers, even twelve year old computers (made 2003), can
>>> boot from USB. For these computers a good alternative is to
>>> make an installed system with the OBI-installer in ToriOS and
>>> create a compressed image file of it,
>>>
>>> ToriOS-xxx.img.xz
>>>
>>> Such a system is easily installed with mkusb in linux and with
>>> Win32 Disk Imager in Windows
>>>
>>> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Win32DiskImager/iso2usb
>>>
>>> The ToriOS compressed image file would correspond to my
>>> standard One Button Installer, which comes installed in Lubuntu
>>> Trusty when you download
>>>
>>> http://phillw.net/isos/one-button-installer/dd_images/dd_blank-obi_7.8GB_27_LubuntuTrusty.img.xz

The obvious and simple alternative is to provide ToriOS tarballs to be

- --
http://www.zleap.net @zleap14
Diaspora : https://joindiaspora.com/u/zleap
Documentation lead @ ToriOS http://www.torios.org