Re: [Torios] Reboot Dialog Was:(Re: Plymouth Theme)

Den 2015-05-11 19:24, Cinque Port Computers skrev:
> Hi Israel, Nio,
>
> I noticed errors when doing the apt-get dist-upgrades and captured them
> in this picture...not sure if relevant but useful to note at some stage.
>

> JackT.

Hi Jack,

Yes, such errors could cause various problems (mismatch between packages).

Try these commands to repair your system

sudo apt-get -f install
sudo dpkg --configure -a

and repeat

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

-----
# Oldfred's command list for cleaning and repairing

#houseclean
sudo apt-get autoclean # only removes files that cannot be downloaded
anymore (obsolete)
sudo apt-get clean

#refresh
sudo apt-get update #resync package index
sudo apt-get upgrade #newest versions of all packages, update must be
run first

#would upgrade you to the latest kernel in the repositories
#dist-upgrade is also able to remove existing packages if required
sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

# fix Broken packages -f
sudo apt-get -f install
sudo dpkg --configure -a

# Remove lock
# If you are absolutely sure you do not have another upgrade process
running.
# Locked dpkg - only if sure you are not running another update.

sudo rm /var/lib/dpkg/lock
sudo dpkg --configure -a

# added zika's tip for problems with hash sum mismatch

sudo rm /var/lib/apt/lists/*
sudo apt-get update
-----