Re: [SOLVED] [Torios] Reboot Dialog Was:(Re: Plymouth Theme)

Hi everyone,
I just got back.
That is odd that it would say DOS format... I do not have a computer
with windows on it at all (I think I have a VM somewhere).  The computer
I wrote it on is an old Mac, so it is extremely surprising that it would
have DOS format.... that doesn't make sense to me.  The Unix end of line
char is '\n' whereas Windows is '\r\n' (As far as i remember)  I do not
think I accidentally added a carriage return to the file... but then
again, I have been working on so many different things.
I have worked on icons, and splash screens and packaging, and some C++
and also a few scripts (including this one) in the past few days... so
there is a possibility I did something really weird... but I am
completely unaware of this.

I wonder if sending it via thunderbird has somehow changed the file?
This is a strange mystery.
I do think that this issue will NOT effect the packaged version... but I
will check the file for '\r' later...

On 05/11/2015 06:06 PM, Cinque Port Computers wrote:
> Hi Nio, Israel,
>
> I solved my problem with the torios-reboot file.  I noticed when I
> used nano it said it was in DOS-format, so I did a 'dos2unix' on the
> file and 'hey presto' it now works as it does for you.  I spent about
> 4 hours tracking this one down and as it's past midnight here in UK,
> I'm off to bed for a bit of rest.
>
> Thanks (Nio) for all your patient help and assistance and suggestions.
>
> Cheers,
> JackT.

-Israel
ToriOS Team