update-grub is not running when installing

Hi Israel.

1. I can confirm Jack's findings.

2. You told us the it is not possible to install the pae kernel. But
even if I do not try that, the installation is borked. Yes, I get an
installed system, but I tried a multiboot system (installing at the
advanced OBI level), and update-grub or the corresponding command is not
running (in chroot). Anyway it boots without entering the grub menu, and
if I press Shift while booting there is a small menu without the other
distros.

But it works when installed. I could even upgrade the hwe stack to the
trusty kernel (3.13). Then I get wired connection but my wireless fails,
probably a bug related to that which does not run correctly with
nm-applet. So the problem is not only the display of the applet icon in
the panel.

3. I re-installed the version of May 16

a. nm-applet works :-)

b. After upgrading the hwe stack to the trusty kernel (3.13) my wireless
connection works.

c. But update-grub is not run in chroot during the installation. This is
a regression already in the 'May 16 kernel', but probably easy to solve
compared to the nm-applet issue.

d. And of course there are icon issues, but now you know how to solve
them (and you can go directly to the solution without extra messing with
the code).

--
Olle Wiklund
Skolgränd 15