Re: replacing the Ubuntu Startup Disk Creator

>> At the Ubuntu Forums we are discussing which tool should replace
>> the Ubuntu Startup Disk Creator, SDC (as the built in tool to
>> make USB boot drives). I think most tools are better than the
>> poor SDC, that has been suffering from bugs for several years
>> now.
>>
>> ToriOS is already using mkusb. I think and hope that the users of
>> ToriOS will be happy using it.
>>
>> Jack, I think that you could consider mkusb also for LXLE. At
>> least the version based on 12.04 still has the SDC as the
>> built-in tool.
>>
>> Paul, do you still prefer Unetbootin?

I don't mind either way I either use unetbootln or use the mint usb
disk writer,  I get varying results sometimes.  I unetbootln which is
a larger tool as it has the facility to download iso's etc.

Paul

>> Israel, I know you like mkusb.
>>
>> Ali, I don't know if you have tried mkusb, or if you usually
>> install via CD or DVD.
>>
>> Interprog, I know you have looked into the script file of mkusb.
>>
>> Anyway, all of you are invited to the discussion and poll at the
>> following threads at the Ubuntu Forums :-)
>>
>> Discussion: Selecting a tool to create USB boot drives from ISO
>> files http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2289225
>>
>> --->
>>
>> Poll: Selecting a tool to create USB boot drives from ISO files
>>
>> Best regards Nio

- --
http://www.zleap.net @zleap14
t: @zleap14  diaspora : zleap@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx