Re: ToriOS-Debian-testing.iso

On 12/13/2016 02:06 AM, Nio Wiklund wrote:
> Den 2016-12-13 kl. 04:37, skrev Israel:
>> Hi Nio
>> (inlines)
>> On 12/12/2016 03:42 AM, Nio Wiklund wrote:
>>> Den 2016-12-11 kl. 15:16, skrev Israel:
>>> I managed to get wired connection, but I did not see the wireless
>>> network, which I expect to see in some of the available computers (for
>>> example my Toshiba laptop, where I do a lot of testing). Is this a
>>> bug, or should I look 'somewhere else' to find it?
>>>
>> Hmmm... not sure.  If you tested it in VBox this is something that has
>> happened before.  In my KVM machine it sees my wireless as a wired
>> connection.
>> If it is on real hardware, then this could be a bug
>
> Yes, tested on metal in my Toshiba, so probably a bug.
>
> Best regards
> Nio

Hi Nio,

So this is the LIVE session with the failed Network.  I do think I
remember encountering this earlier in a previous testing run we did.

Though, honestly, I have been away from ISO building, and OS internals
for a bit.  And have been deep into programming.  So it may take a bit
to retrace the steps.  But I am confident that between you, Jack and I
we can find what is not working.

In one of the newer torios-desktop updates there is a little script

fix-nm-applet

This runs `systemctl restart NetworkManager` (or `sudo -A service
network-manager restart`) if it is pre systemd

This might help...  but IIRC the issue is something more mysterious and
we will need some good sleuthing to find out why it wont work, as I
remember trying many of the common (and not so common) hacks to fix it.