Re: ToriOS-Debian-testing.iso

Den 2016-12-13 kl. 09:06, skrev Nio Wiklund:
Den 2016-12-13 kl. 04:37, skrev Israel:
Hi Nio
(inlines)
On 12/12/2016 03:42 AM, Nio Wiklund wrote:
Den 2016-12-11 kl. 15:16, skrev Israel:
I managed to get wired connection, but I did not see the wireless
network, which I expect to see in some of the available computers (for
example my Toshiba laptop, where I do a lot of testing). Is this a
bug, or should I look 'somewhere else' to find it?

Hmmm... not sure.  If you tested it in VBox this is something that has
happened before.  In my KVM machine it sees my wireless as a wired
connection.
If it is on real hardware, then this could be a bug

Yes, tested on metal in my Toshiba, so probably a bug.

I am testing the new iso file dated Dec 15 in my Toshiba laptop with Intel i5 and Intel graphics (as usual).

*A. Running live*

1. Now it is a hybrid iso file :-)

2. But I still cannot connect via wifi. (Ethernet works.)

Maybe I don't understand how to activate it. Please explain if it works for you.

3. The touchpad seems dead. I rebooted and still no touchpad.

*B. Installing*

1. the basic OBI level works

2. the advanced level (and gparted) works. Grub found the previous system :-)

*To do: Test with low RAM*

*C. Installed system*

1. Wifi works in the installed system :-)

2. Restart (in the quadruplet) lacks an icon, but it works.

3. The touchpad seems dead (in the installed system too). I rebooted and still no touchpad.

So there are some improvements, but also some things that no longer works.