Re: March Debian Testing ISO

On 03/15/2018 04:47 PM, Nio Wiklund wrote:
> Den 2018-03-15 kl. 21:54, skrev Nio Wiklund:
Hi Nio
> Hi again Israel,
>
> I tested again starting from the previous iso file with md5sum:
>
> efa3eba6bf82fdadfa340fcfb19e1e2b  ToriOS-2018-03-13-beta-stretch-i386.iso
>
> This one works as it is, and after update & upgrade it can install the
> PAE kernel (I tested in graphics mode at the basic OBI level into
> another SSD this time.)
>
> But it suffers from one (minor) bug:
>
> It offers to check for updates, but fails: thinks that there is no
> internet connection, even though it could fetch the PAE kernel via the
> internet a few seconds ago.
>
> See the log file.
>
> Best regards
> Nio

I read your e-mails and have done some investigating based on your logs.

1. It fails in the advanced mode, rather than the basic mode, correct?
in the most recent version.

This is due to some improvements in the basic mode that I did not add to
advanced yet (oops...) things should work better soon.

2. There is something wonky about the internet going on, I tested and
found the same issue.

Basically it seems like the issue is systemd.

/etc/resolv.conf is no longer a normal file, but a symlink handled by
systemd.

So... I have been looking at Arch for some help, and found something
good to try.

:D

I will try to get something up soon... but it will take a bit more testing.