Re: [URGENT] The Download Page and The Versions Puzzle

On 05/27/2018 12:15 AM, Ali Linx (amjjawad) wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> Q1:Why
>
> http://phillw.net/isos/torios/
>
> doesn't look like
>
> http://torios.top/download/
>
> ?!
>
> Q2: Why there is ToriOS 1.5 and there is NO public announcement
> regarding that?! I did a quick search here:
>
> https://lists.launchpad.net/torios-dev/
>
> and couldn't find anything that leads to version 1.5. Even worse, only
> very very few people know about Launchpad and even much less know how
> to access the public mailing list.
>
> Again, I am not blaming anyone here but we must act ASAP.
>
> What must be done ASAP?
>
> 1- The Download Page MUST be updated. I have zero access over phill's
> server. I have no idea who is in charge of:
> http://phillw.net/isos/torios/ which does not look like
> http://torios.top/download/ and even worse, no one can access it
> directly from our one and only official website: www.torios.top!
>
> 2- If version 1.5 has been released in silently, we must make a public
> announcement.
>
> As for the other download options for ToriOS, that requires another
> new email.
>
> I'm waiting for your response. Thanks a lot in advance!
>

> --
> Remember: "All of us are smarter than any one of us."
>
> Best Regards,
> Ali/amjjawad <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/amjjawad>

Hey Ali,

We have not really had anyone in charge of letting people know much of
anything, besides you.  We talked about 1.5 a long time ago in an
e-mail, and then you disappeared for a while because things IRL were
more important :D .

I will have to update and fix the downloads page on Phill's server.
That download page is mostly for our internal use, and for the
occasional person interested in ToriOS experimental things (like the
64bit xenial version with built in accessibility programs) and the
unstable versions (like Debian Stretch based ToriOS... though it pretty
much works) and our testing of the new OBI stuff etc...

I think both download pages may be out of sync and have outdated information