i386 and Ubuntu moving forward (PPA)

Hey everyone,

Recently Ubuntu made the decision to drop i386 from future releases, and
then backed up a bit.  This means that soon (or maybe even in the eoan
ermine... the next release) we will not be able to build/host i386
packages.  So... we either need to create our own repo, and build the
packages there, or something else.

Best option:

Get our packages into Debian (this seems next to impossible, as I have
tried for years to get a package into Debian...).  We would need someone
in Debian to help us, so if anyone has any good ideas on how to get
things into Debian, please let me know... I have tried the regular
RFP/ITP stuff but to no avail.

Worst option:

Build a different operating system based on something else... perhaps a
woof (that is what they call respins) of Puppy, or something.  I think
Puppy is the best option here for us, because they already do a lot of
similar things, and support similar hardware, and are able to decrease
the package sizes dramatically (removing the cruft so to speak).

Other options:

Manually build and upload to PPA all libraries and programs.... lots of
work...

Please list some others, I am not sure what to do.