Re: Personal Update

On 07/07/2019 23:28, Israel wrote:

> Hey everyone!
>
> I wanted to update everyone on the craziness that has gone on this
> year, and let you know where I am.
>
> So, I no longer live anywhere... the place I was living got black mold
> (and made us sick), the water well pump burned out (no water), and a
> bunch of other stuff broke all within a few weeks (AC, laundry
> machine, probably more... it was crazy).  So I am currently traveling
> with my family to go visit some national parks in the US in cooler
> climates (it was about 38C here the other day... I'd like to get
> somewhere closer to the 20s so it is bearable).
>
> What does this mean for ToriOS?
>
> Not sure, I am able to use a computer sometimes, but do not have any
> sort of consistency.  I just updated ISOmaker scripts to be easier to
> modify for new releases, I moved hard-coded distro names into files,
> so that they can be more simply modified, and updated things to start
> migration to bullseye (or buster).  I am currently testing it to see
> if I can at least get something built... but my VM setup was messed up
> by an upgrade months ago so I am simply running it on my machine.... I
> will eventually find the time to backup/wipe/reinstall my machine but
> as you all know that is a long task....
>
> There are lots of little things to do along the way, but I have
> occasionally worked on the binaries and scripts.
>
> The biggest help for me would be if someone could PLEASE spend some
> time building releases, or find some server we could build on remotely.
>
> I am **not** going to leave the project, I am just still in this
> inbetween place where I am not sure how much I can actually do currently.

Hi Israel

Firstly hope you find a resolution to this very soon, if nothing else
for the sake of your health and education of your children (unless you
home school).  However what everyone will gain from the travel and
learning opportunities exploring the great national parks will be priceless.

As for ToriOS, we will still be here, when you can get back to this,
everyone seems very busy with different things.

Yeah, backing up and doing a fresh install and then putting stuff back,
is at least a days work,  partly as you want to get stuff 110% right.

Keep up the good work but more importantly take care of yourself and family.

Regards

Paul

--
Paul Sutton