Re: Website with new Logo!

On 02/12/2014 09:40 AM, Israel wrote:
Ok, I fixed a few minor issues, and then started playing with the color theme of the page, based on the Logo... So, please give feedback.... is this the kind of direction you'd like ('back-lit' buttons) or did you like the 'glowing' buttons better.
And... of course how about that red?
The only colors Rafael used were Red, White and Black (the grey turns out to be black with a bit of alpha)

How about the background of the header (for the tabs/pages) is black? it is much better for the eyes and I guess it would be more beautiful? you can then try with the buttons:
Either white buttons with red text
or red buttons with white text

Of course, if you ask me, I'd say we don't have to stick to: Black, White and Red but can use different degree/level of these 3 colors or any other colors that could fit in between. Yes, will be more complected to have more colors to play with. I'm not a graphic designer nor an artist. I can't imagine what could happen unless I 'see' :)

BUT
We need first to:

*Have a Logo > Agree/Vote on the design of the Logo > Agree/Vote on the colors used on that Logo > Think about the colors on our website or theme > worry then about how the system will look like (which is the lowest priority for now)*

Phase 1 = DONE = we have a logo now.
Phase 2 = Vote for the new design = INPROGRESS
Phase 3 = Vote for the Colors - as I sent on the other email: https://lists.launchpad.net/torios/msg00446.html = INPROGRESS
Phase 4 = Website Theme/Colors = TODO

Those colors to me seem quite nice
+1

and I can think of quite a few interesting combinations for the DE and other elements with those colors (black panel/window decor, red window buttons, white text). It evokes a revolutionary sense to me. I suppose we could do the background as Tux in the 'Che Guevara' style (the Gimp plug-in would suffice).
Any thoughts?
Too early for this now :D

@Ali I haven't ignored the DE/WM/VM/CD (any more abbreviations?)... still fiddling with VMs.....

Okay, but just to make sure everyone will read this:

*DE/WM is still this highest priority*
Logo is on the*2nd*  place
Website is on the*3rd*  place

Just a quick gentle reminder :D