Re: The Technical Side of ToriOS

Am Freitag, 30. Mai 2014, 14:14:54 schrieb Nio Wiklund:
> Hi Jörn,
>
> I was able to make a working ToriOS iso file according to your scripts
> and instructions. They were complete :-)
Really good!

> Waiting for network configuration (at the Ubuntu Plymouth screen)
> Booting without full network configuration (after 2 minutes)
Could be related with replacing network-manager with wicd.
> JWM desktop with black background and panel at the bottom
Correct, because no autostart is enabled (for example, rox -p=Desktop should
be in the autostart, but that needs to be configured in JWM.
> uname -r shows that it runs the 3.13.0.27-generic kernel (which is
> a pae kernel).
Yes, normal Ubuntu kernel. We can easily deploy Phill's nonpae Kernel instead,
though.

Jörn