Re: Testing ToriOS Pre-Alpha

On 06/08/2014 07:46 PM, Ali Linx wrote:

On 06/08/2014 05:32 PM, Israel wrote:
On 06/08/2014 05:37 AM, Ali Linx wrote:
On 06/08/2014 02:25 PM, Smile4ever wrote:
Hi,
Hi

..... do I have to sit and watch? the answer is BIG NO. I don't really
want anyone to sit and watch. Since there is no testing yet ........

Actually there is some testing you can do.
 From Nio:
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B46yhFQuJvfPZzZ6aThReldScWs&usp=sharing

You can test the current ISOs in Virtual Box.  Test it and see if
everything is clear to follow the install process.  Test if you can run
it easily in low memory.  I installed it in 512 RAM with a 7 Gig HD just
fine.
I am sure there is much that can be tested but you should install menu
to have more of a usable experience.
sudo apt-get install menu

Though menu isn't quite my favorite thing... and this will need to be
improved upon.

These are EARLY pre-alpha images, so things will be missing and
incomplete and not beautiful, but there are aspects that will give you a
good idea what is currently happening, and all that.

Hi,

@Jorn and Nio

Hi,

I do need some instructions ASAP in order to spread the word by creating a post on our news section.

Please do provide that ASAP and keep it as simple and short as possible :)

I have published this:
http://torios.org/news/torios-pre-alpha-is-coming-very-soon/

Now, I'm waiting for short and simple instructions and/or details to test the Pre-Alpha ISO of ToriOS :)

This should attract more people to join and help and this is for everyone within or outside ToriOS to know that this project is not dead and it is active :)

Thank you, my friends for all the hard work ... really appreciate that :)

Looking forward for your email :)

Thank you!

--
Ali/amjjawad