Re: jwm settings manager update

2014-07-21 13:59, Israel skrev:
> On 07/21/2014 03:02 AM, Nio Wiklund wrote:
>> 2014-07-20 22:34, Israel skrev:
>> Hi Israel,

> Hi Nio,

> Oh... before I forget, Paul was asking about using JWM as the DE in the
> live version of the installer.  I told him that was the plan, and that
> you had said you could do this.  I just need to double check that I am
> remembering this correctly.  I am almost 100% sure you did say that.  We
> can have the full ToriOS (all the default programs, and wallpaper,
> theme, etc..) running on the Live version.

Hi again Israel,

Are you talking about a normal iso file with debootstrap, squashfs and
genisoimage and ubiquity, like what Jörn made scripts for, or are you
talking about an OBI-9w installer?

I have not tried JWM in the 9w installer (which is Debian). There is
LXDE now, and that installer is pretty lean, idling at 37 MB, as you can
see in this link.

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/9w/RAM_%26_disk_usage

I don't know how much disk space we should to save to make the iso fit
within CD size. we can clear some cruft from the 9w installer. On the
other hand, it might be fairly easy to make JWM work also in Debian. But
I think you could do the necessary much configuration better than I.

Anyway, if you want the 'development environment' for 9w and OBI-9w, you
can get it. But then it is important, that we don't fork away from each
other, but get some strategy to keep a main version.

And we could certainly co-operate doing it.

-o-

Or does the ToriOS community want the other method, the normal iso file
according to Jörn's scripts?