Persistent USB image

Hi all,
I have been looking into making a persistent USB image after our meeting
today, and I am not entirely sure I can, though Nio may have better
insight here.

http://askubuntu.com/questions/78098/how-to-chroot-into-persistent-installation

I am not entirely sure if this is something we can do for ToriOS 1.0,
but it may be very important to look into.  I am sure the OBI system can
benefit from having persistent data, as this will make it easier to make
a tarball on the live system.  I could be wrong about this but I wanted
to put this info out here in case someone wants to look into this.  I am
not going to mess with this until ToriOS 1.0 is ready.... as it is there
is enough going on :)

Also, I have been tossing around the idea of adding a Panel along the
bottom with buttons for The manual and the Installer.  I think this
would be a good idea, rather than using a custom menu for the Live OS,
it could be a custom interface... this would make the installer easily
discoverable.

Any thoughts?