Re: ISO and 4MLinux JWM

On 12/21/2014 02:23 AM, Jack T. wrote:
> Hi israel,
>
> Thank you for your reply.  I appreciate the time you've taken to take a
> brief look.  I'm not that well qualified to investigate things at the
> level of detail you need (even though I was a programmer some decades
> ago).  Just trying to provide a little assistance where I can.  You are
> doing incredible work and without too much help (apart from Nio who always
> gets an honourable mention).  Take care of your priorities and keep your
> life in balance.  Don't burn yourself out on this project and its tasks.
> Take care my friend.
>
> JackT.

Hi Jack,
Thanks so much for the encouraging words!
I really enjoy programming so taking a break from building the OS to
focus on finishing the settings manager has been really exciting and
refreshing!
You are right Nio does get a lot of honorable mention, he has been very
good to mentor me to learn bash programming.  There were some concepts
that were very different from C++ but now that I know the syntax and how
to use it I really enjoy bash quite a bit :)
I agree that keeping my life in balance is a good idea!  I do a lot of
this work as part of my own education.  I wanted to learn to program.  I
also wanted to learn about the internals of Linux.  What better way than
to write an actual program that can be very helpful to people, and build
an OS from the ground up to help people as well.

-Israel
ToriOS Team