Re: Last update today :P

Hi Israel,
[inline]

Den 2014-12-27 16:21, Israel skrev:
> On 12/27/2014 08:56 AM, Nio Wiklund wrote:
>> Hi Israel and Jack, I have uploaded the tarball precise-mini.tar.xz
>> user: guru password: changeme md5sum: 81d3580078eb9c26382c06683e13f86d
>> precise-mini.tar.xz to Phill's server
>> http://phillw.net/isos/one-button-installer/tarballs/precise-mini.tar.xz
>> I made it using mktbl in ToriOS. The bad news: I failed to install it
>> (into another computer for testing) with ToriOS. It did not
>> synchronize the entries in /etc/fstab with the partitions created:
>> wrong UUIDs, and the second partition was not a swap partition. I
>> could repair it and make it working, so I know that I could solve the
>> problem. The good news: I succeeded in installing it (into another
>> computer for testing) with the standard OBI version 2.5, available via
>> sudo -H mkusb dd_blank-obi_7.8GB_25_LubuntuTrusty_nonpae.img.xz I hope
>> it helps, Israel. -o- Later on we can check if something needs to be
>> done to make ToriOS install from the tarball you create. Best regards Nio
> Hi guys,
> the thing I forgot was /etc/slim.conf
> That needs to be edited to make the session work... sorry I just have
> been so much in this stuff I forget the things that may need to be done :)
>
> As for the OBI in the ToriOS ISO not installing correctly... is the OBI
> 2.5 different from the one I have?

Your version of the OBI is the next one (2.6 if I remember correctly),
that I have not yet integrated into a complete system (no tarball, no
compressed image file). It should be better, and I would not like you to
step backwards, instead I would debug it, if necessary.

  If so please indicate what needs to
> be done to update it.  I want the OBI available in the repos to work
> correctly in all situations, so I would like to have it up to par for
> anyone to use with any tarball.

I am not sure what is the problem, and if there is something you have
changed, or that I have changed (if you use exactly the same version,
that I gave to you). And I am not sure why it failed for me. I have to
debug that. Maybe there was some very special reason for failing?

I thought it was urgent that you get a good starting point, a working
precise-mini tarball, where you can build ToriOS, so I uploaded it, and
there is a way to install it, to make a system with a working wired network.

> I have used that version of OBI to install on computers.  I am
> downloading your tarball now, and I am also doing something else.  I
> found a program called Wifi-Radar in the repos.  It is actively
> developed and may provide a good solution for us.  NetworkManager can be
> troublesome for certain people, as it basically wants to control
> everything related to networking (which can be problematic for server
> situations where you want to control what each device is and keep them
> up, etc....)

Do you really think people intend to make servers from ToriOS? OK, to
install the openssh server for usage in a LAN, but a serious server
should be made as a dedicated server, starting directly from an Ubuntu
mini.iso, Ubuntu Server iso file or debian iso file ...