Re: ToriOS-alpha-rc2.iso testing

Den 2015-01-02 20:29, George DiceGeorge skrev:
> Will ToriOS-alpha-rc2.iso
> ( which i downloaded from
> http://torios.org/iso.html  )
> reformat any of my hard disk partitions
> if I click INSTALL
> from the bottom of its desktop
> or do I get a chance to repartition ?
>
> george
>
> my notes:
> 19:04 2015-01-02
> DOWNLOADED ISO ToriOS-alpha-rc2.iso
> from http://torios.org/iso.html
> booting from it on desktop pc next to this laptop
>
> Hardware Detection Tool 0.5.0 The pci.uds file is missing
>
> [ToriOS]
> torios login:
> Desktop looks good
>
> Manual link from bottom of desktop - unable to open document
> System Monitor from bottom of desktop - works OK
> WEB from bottom of desktop : browser renders webpages awfully.
> dicenews.com  HTML2 img align=right and left dont  work as they did in
> Netscape etc
> youtube doesnt work
> wordpress 2014 sites dont work.
>
> OneButton installer 2.6
> User root
> Password 123456
> When you run this installer, a new operating system will be installed,
> AND
> the device will be formatted and
> ***** COMPLETELY OVERWRITTEN ******
>

> EEEEK - i eject the CD as too dangerous
> need advice.. [g]
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi George,

I can answer about the OBI.

*At the basic OBI level*, you select drive and the installer uses the
whole drive, makes one root partition and one swap partition. This
corresponds to the basic mode in the Ubuntu standard installers - 'use
the whole disk'.

*At the advanced OBI level*, you are expected to re-use existing
partitions or create/edit partitions with *gparted* before starting the
OBI. You select the root partition and the swap partition from menus.
This corresponds to 'Something else' in the Ubuntu standard installers.
It is easier to use, but does not have all the bells and whistles. If
you add the following labels to the created partitions in gparted:

obi-root
obi-swap

the installer at the advanced level will find and select them
automatically. It helps but is not necessary.

-o-

In both cases, if there are other operating systems that you want to
dual boot, boot into the now installed ToriOS and run

sudo update-grub

which will make a new grub menu with all recognized operating systems.