Re: ToriOS-alpha-rc2.iso testing

Den 2015-01-02 21:36, Israel skrev:
> Hi,
> George, you can select partitions manually.  The OBI is generally
> intended to ZAP old machines that are unusable.
>
> *Paul,* and *Nio* need to get together to put a good quick intro on how
> to partition things manually, as this would be most helpful for people
> wishing to install alongside another OS.  I didn't design OBI, and I
> really only packaged it, and tweaked it to work from a package.  I just
> click through and wipe the virtual drive clean each time.  I also have a
> dedicated machine ONLY for testing ToriOS, so I wipe it clean each time
> as well...

> On 01/02/2015 01:29 PM, George DiceGeorge wrote:
>> Will ToriOS-alpha-rc2.iso
>> ( which i downloaded from
>> http://torios.org/iso.html  )
>> reformat any of my hard disk partitions
>> if I click INSTALL
>> from the bottom of its desktop
>> or do I get a chance to repartition ?
>>
>> george

Hi Israel,

The idea is to edit partitions with gparted before installing at the
advanced OBI level. So maybe you want a *manual for gparted*. I'm sure
we can find several of them via the internet. gparted is available in
the ToriOS live system. But it is rather intuitive, definitely easier to
use than the partitioning tool in the standard Ubuntu installers, so
many people will not need much help beyond the following:

I describe in detail how install in the following README.pdf file, which
I think is also available in the ToriOS live system (in the Documents
directory). It is also found via the wiki page

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/OBI?action=AttachFile&do=view&target=README-3.pdf

There are also other documents alongside README.pdf.