Re: What to Test (Was: jwm-settings-manager update)

Hi Nio,
(inlines)
On 01/03/2015 02:37 PM, Nio Wiklund wrote:
> Den 2015-01-03 14:39, Israel skrev:

> Hi Israel,
>
> Tested today's updates above (not yet your OBI ppa).
>
> My ToriOS version has inactivated slim (as described before), and I
> start it with startx.
>
> *Graphical details*
>
> It works, X seems stable :-)
>
> + jpg wallpapers can be used
> . still no stretching of wallpapers
yeah... still having trouble with the new jwm.. something changed and I
need to find what changed, as it wont compile now... pbuilder/dh is
uphappy when I try to build it...
> - Screenie leaves a black space, where windows overlap :-( I like scrot
> better.
It must be the import command I use... I will look into it.  Thank
you!!  Does scrot have a dialog to save the file?

> *General*
>
> The menus seem to work. The icons for applications are as good as
> before. The same applications have a questionmark instead of its own
> icon (I checked).
not sure what you mean here...  what ones have a question mark?
> I was able to get icon onto the desktop (after installing rox-filer),
> but then I lost the wallpaper (had only grey desktop), so I reverted
> back (to pcmanfm).
Did you do this in the program?  Or did you do this with Rox?
I have preliminary work for pcmanfm icons on the desktop....  but that
is still not fully functional.
> I was able to view web pages and pdf files ...
>
> *Lightdm*
>
> I installed lubuntu-core (and lightdm comes with it). It works to select
> jwm but not Tori # OS.
>
> + jwm (gives me ToriOS)
> - Tori # OS
>
> The session selector complains:
>
> unsupported number of arguments (2);falling back to default session
Hmmm... I will remove the arguments... I suppose they are not needed.
Also... could you look to see if you have a
$HOME/.toristart.log
if you do, please e-mail it to me :)  As that will tell me where it
stopped...
though I am not entirely sure I figured all the logging out yet..
> and returns to the login screen. Maybe it works better if you change the
> session name to ToriOS without the Tori character.
>

> Is there anything else, that I should try (except the OBI,which will be
> the next item)?
just the settings-manager
basically test it as much as you can and find all the bugs you can.

Usability issues (what do you expect it to do?  what is unclear?)

Crashes (does it crash?  how do I reproduce the crash?)

Non-working item (clicking/changing it doesn't change anything actually)

I am going through this program heavily, and building it for PPC and
testing it there, so I will be testing it too... but I know the
underlying code so I may be missing something major because I am so
invested in the program.

Thanks Nio, this is a huge help!!
> Best regards
> Nio