Re: What to Test (Was: jwm-settings-manager update)

Hi Israel,
[inlines]

Den 2015-01-03 21:57, Israel skrev:
> Hi Nio,
> (inlines)
> On 01/03/2015 02:37 PM, Nio Wiklund wrote:
>> Den 2015-01-03 14:39, Israel skrev:
>
>> Hi Israel,
>>
>> Tested today's updates above (not yet your OBI ppa).
>>
>> My ToriOS version has inactivated slim (as described before), and I
>> start it with startx.
>>
>> *Graphical details*
>>
>> It works, X seems stable :-)
>>
>> + jpg wallpapers can be used
>> . still no stretching of wallpapers
> yeah... still having trouble with the new jwm.. something changed and I
> need to find what changed, as it wont compile now... pbuilder/dh is
> uphappy when I try to build it...
>> - Screenie leaves a black space, where windows overlap :-( I like scrot
>> better.
> It must be the import command I use... I will look into it.  Thank
> you!!  Does scrot have a dialog to save the file?

No, not that I know. scrot comes with Lubuntu, and I run it from a
terminal window or from Alt + F2 (the Run window).

>> *General*
>>
>> The menus seem to work. The icons for applications are as good as
>> before. The same applications have a questionmark instead of its own
>> icon (I checked).
> not sure what you mean here...  what ones have a question mark?

In 'Applications' for example Bitmap, ImageMagick (display), Screenie,
Terminal, ... have '?' while they have icons in the menu.

>> I was able to get icon onto the desktop (after installing rox-filer),
>> but then I lost the wallpaper (had only grey desktop), so I reverted
>> back (to pcmanfm).
> Did you do this in the program?  Or did you do this with Rox?

rox

> I have preliminary work for pcmanfm icons on the desktop....  but that
> is still not fully functional.
>> I was able to view web pages and pdf files ...
>>
>> *Lightdm*
>>
>> I installed lubuntu-core (and lightdm comes with it). It works to select
>> jwm but not Tori # OS.
>>
>> + jwm (gives me ToriOS)
>> - Tori # OS
>>
>> The session selector complains:
>>
>> unsupported number of arguments (2);falling back to default session
> Hmmm... I will remove the arguments... I suppose they are not needed.
> Also... could you look to see if you have a
> $HOME/.toristart.log
> if you do, please e-mail it to me :)  As that will tell me where it
> stopped...
> though I am not entirely sure I figured all the logging out yet..

I cannot find such a file (no log file at all in the home directory).

>> and returns to the login screen. Maybe it works better if you change the
>> session name to ToriOS without the Tori character.
>>

>> Is there anything else, that I should try (except the OBI,which will be
>> the next item)?
> just the settings-manager
> basically test it as much as you can and find all the bugs you can.

What is the settings-manager? How do I test it?

> Usability issues (what do you expect it to do?  what is unclear?)
>
> Crashes (does it crash?  how do I reproduce the crash?)
>
> Non-working item (clicking/changing it doesn't change anything actually)
>
> I am going through this program heavily, and building it for PPC and
> testing it there, so I will be testing it too... but I know the
> underlying code so I may be missing something major because I am so
> invested in the program.
>
> Thanks Nio, this is a huge help!!
>> Best regards
>> Nio

*OBI-installer*

I notice that you have not updated the version from 2.6 to 2.7.

I found the first bug in obi-installer. It cannot download tarballs. I
have not yet debugged it. But we can install a working OBI system with
mkusb from

dd_OBI-precise-mini-4GB.img.xz

to a pendrive. Or use what you had before in the ToriOS iso files.