Re: Suggestion to improve team's communication - IRC

On 06/12/2015 06:16 PM, Nio Wiklund wrote:
Den 2015-06-12 09:26, Ali Linx skrev:
Hi Nio,
I will try to remember to send mail only to Israel, that way avoiding to
spam your mailbox :-)
Not really, that is a bad suggestion, if I may share my opinion about it.
The best way is to follow the right procedure either by using IRC and/or
using the mailing list the proper way:

So, that is actually 2 in 1 suggestion ;)

Sending to Israel only means the list/team will not be aware of what the
other members are doing.
Above all, do not take it personal, please and don't think you're the
only one who is creating a confusion here. We're all involved :)

Thanks!
Hi again Ali,
Hi,

I intended to send most of the information {what I might have sent via
IRC} via mail only to Israel.

That is your choice, I can not force you nor anyone else here to do something they don't like :) However, just keep in mind that there are sometime when you need to share with the rest of us ;)

  That will give everybody peace of mind.
What you don't see doesn't bother you. In very special cases I can send
cc to the devs or the community, but I think 90-95% is really not
interesting for you, and I think that is why you are annoyed when you
have to wade through hundreds of mails every day.

I am annoyed when I read 2 different issues under a long subject that has nothing to do with the contents of many threads :)

I do not mind to read/see technical emails but my one and only problem is the confusion which I have discussed with the team many times already.
-o-

One example about CoC:

My mail client is set for bottom posting, but if the guy at the other
end is top posting, I try to top post too, otherwise things look very
strange. And I think it is very difficult for people to change their
posting habits (including me).

Nuh, I have no problem with that ;)
I can live with it.

But again, what you don't see doesn't